Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 26 August 2003

MKTG. STRATEGIES – PRICING

26 Aug 2003

Sanjeev/Raju.Abhi/Kartavya,

MKTG. STRATEGIES – PRICING

In today’s “Strategies”, Mukesh Ambani is quoted as , I would rather have 10 million subscribers paying me a small amount daily than own 3 power plants.

To “ book” a fixed land line, even today, you need to deposit Rs. 3000/- with BSNL.

It is any surprise that their profit is down by 75% (This used to be Rs. 15000/- once)

Within next 6/8 months (Mar 2004) same BSNL will be “Feed” to route their international calls thru “any service provider” – breaking VSNL’s monopoly of 50 years.

So next, VSNL market shave , (Of ILD), Which has come down from 100% to 60-70% will drop to 10% More trouble.

When mobiles got introduced in  India, about 4 years ago, rate was Rs. 15/- per minute (send or receive). Now it is 40 Rs per minute with incoming FREE.

Same fate awaits TV channels.

What “CAS/Set-top-box will do to Zee/Sony/Star, our “Pay-per-use” web service will do to Monster.

Naukri/Job Ahead!

Will broadcasters announce a market-friendly bouquet and individual pay channel rates? The industry soon expects a price war as rival broadcasters fight to grab a share of the country’s real pay TV viewers.

But the competition from within pay-and from free-to-air channels like Sahara and SABe TV will see prices drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment