Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 11 December 2002

"FLIGHT DECK"

Nirmit, Sri Ram, Raju, Kartavya, Abhi, Inder
I have taken this word from "Customer Revolution" (Patricia Seybold) P = 225
To navigate his plane thru rough weather & land it safely at the destination, a pilot needs a "flight deck". It is full of instruments (- and controls too!) to show him hundreds of parameters of the flight. It shows "safe operating Range" for each. If some actual measurement (of any given parameter) is beyond SAFE limits, then the pilot knows what "controls" to actuate and for how long. In many modern, "fly - by - wire" planes, computers accurate these controls on their own. Auto - Pilot functions.
Patricia strongly recommends that each company have its own, custom - designed
FLIGHT - DECK !
On this Flight Deck, the company should be able to MONITOR its own "business environment".    Not only what is happening "internally" but what is happening "externally" as well. As of now, we have no mechanism to gather/ compile/ graphically plot "external" data such as
 Market Intelligence
    . Which companies are on look - out for what kind of executives and when/ where
    . Who is playing what salaries to whom
But,
On our own Flight - Deck, we must be able to monitor everything that is happening "internally", within 3P - and a real time basis.
And then our Flight - Deck, must Provide us TOOLS/ CONTROLS to
    . Chart out our course (TARGETS)
    . Monitor (where we are w.r.t. targets)
    . Make "Course - Correction"
With this in mind, I suggest we create a single/ unified user - interface as per enclosed Format, thru which, all of us can "access"/ "Accurate", whether we want to see / do.
Obviously my proposal is not comprehensive and I request each one of you to apply your mind & come - up with suggestions & pass - on the same to Abhi before this week - end (14th)
After incorporating our suggestions, Abhi will come - up with his proposal & circulate to all of us by (21st) which we may then jointly debate & finalize.
h.c.parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment