Thursday, 18 September 2008
18 Sep 2008
Rahul - Shalaka - Punam – Alex
· monster.com has database of 2.4 core job - seeker resumes in the US with 1.3 lakh companies accessing them.
· 16th largest Internet site in the world.
· Monsterindia.com has a database of 6.8 lakh resumes and is used by 1,100 companies.
· the site receives 75,000 new resumes a month.
· job seekers using the Internet come primarily from the IT community while the manufacturing sector largely remains out of it.
· Focusing on software and IT.
· Then we will look at other categories.
· Manufacturing, Baking and Financial services, pharmacy, biotech, retailing and education.
· Monsterindia is trying to expand operations through the government.
· Graduate job seekers can store their resumes online to be viewed by potential ITES employers.
· Job seekers feed in their scores secured which is the new benchmark of ITES careers.
· Monster is standardized on MS - SQL server as the database to house all job, resume and recruiter information.
· Microsoft software for its networking model, Companies pay Monster an access fee for searching its resume database. Rs. 1.8 lakh.
· Companies who advertise jobs on the site "Almost 95 percent of our revenues come from these two sources, The resume search, however, accounts for the bulk of our revenues.
· There is a huge demand for Indian database from US companies. Particularly for IT professionals. We are not too bothered about the local market. We are in a position to move the database around the globe.
· To establish that Recruitguru is NOT a jobsite and it is a "Recruitment self service solution", we decided that there should be no public resume database on Recruitguru where we "sell" Resumes. This is fine & being implemented.
· But now Tadanki confirms, what I have said all along viz.
· There is big money in "selling" resumes
· America Software companies would love the purchase.
· At Rs. 10/ Resume, American Companies can "Buy" 20,000 IT resumes / year for Rs. 2 lakhs (and save millions of dollars in the process) our "Pay per - use" model.
· But, thru printout/ profile - based search, if they need to purchase only 5000 Resumes/ year, that would cost them only Rs. 0.5 lakh - instead of Rs. 2.0 lakh.
If we could offer this (Sale of Resumes at Rs. 10 each) on an independent site (jobseeker.com), than, we can target thousands of American Companies.
Points to be Noted
· 95% of Monster India's revenue come from Resume Access & Job Advt. Posting
· Most of this comes from Resume Access (Let us assume 80% from Resume access 75 % From USA and 10% From India. 15% Job posting.
· Tadanki says. "(For resume database search), we are not too bothered about the local market" The man’s may be 70% From USA and 10 % from India.
· Resume Database of Monster are USA companies! i.e. nearly 800 companies.
· Each pays Rs. 2 lakh/ year for Resume Database search (IT guys) = Rs. 1600 lakhs / year revenue from USA companies (Rs. 16 Crore).'Online Recruitment Market Is Set To Double This Fiscal' Sanjeev (Bhikhandani) NAUKRI VS Sanjeev (Tiwari)
Sanjeev (Bhikhandani) NAUKRI
· Chasing IT / ITES/ Pharma/ Telecom/ Insurance
· Services offered
· Job Listing
· Response Management
· Resume Database Access
· Naukri's won resume database - 5/10 Lakhs.
· Resume Database of all jobsites Combined - 30 Lakhs.
· Business / Revenue Model
Make money from corporate - subscribers by asking advance full year subscription of Rs. 1/3 lakhs.
· No plan (only Guru Ad will enable composing Ads for posting elsewhere)
· At present, in a very limited manner
· Yes - but subscriber's own/ private database search.
· On a parallel site, primarily meant for Jobseekers, we target to have 50 lakh resumes in 5 years.
· Ditto - except a small initial "activation fee + user LIC" & balance on "Pay - per - use"
Like other jobsites, we too will be PRE - PAID.
Sunday, 14 September 2008
Leveraging Job Advt. Database (2.8 Lakhs Job advts downloaded from Naukri for WWJ/ JAM, and stored on Reliance Server).
For JAM, our S/W was parsing each & every job - advt downloaded, into following fields:
2. Position/ Vacancy Name
3. Advertiser Company Name
4. Posting City used for JAM
5. Edu. Qualification reqd.
6. Experience reqd.
7. Age (Max)
8. Advertiser's Email ID. (we were using this for JAS).
When you visit Relevance and copy these 2.8 L onto a CD and bring back, hopefully, we would have -
· A structured database of all 2.8 Lakhs advts as per fields shown above
· Full Job - advt. texts of all 2.8 Lakhs
If we further succeed in setting - up RSS feeds (from Naukri / Monster/ Timesjobs) for various "functions", we could receive (Feed my in box.com?) = 10,000 new job - advts every day.
Same S/W can parse these as well (overnight) and our STRUCTURED database can keep growing.
I am sure, ultimately, we will find many way's to "leverage" such a job - advt database to attract more candidates & corporate to register on our website but, enclosed application.
JOB DESCRIPTION ARCHEIVE.
Would act as a FACILITATOR to thousands of companies who
Ø Do not have an HR executive
Ø Have never used online Recruitment Process (Non - Consumers of e - Recruitment)
Ø Have NO clue on how to write a job description.
"Job Description Archive" application is a supplement to my earlier note / UI on how to construct a job - description using O* Net website
O *Net is very exhaustive/ very comprehensive/ very daunting - even experienced HR mgrs working in large Indian Companies.
As far as above - mentioned SMALL / MEDIUM Companies are concerned, the OWNERS would feel OVERWHEELMED with O * Net !
if he gets to see the Job Description, used
in an ACTUAL job - advt, by an ACTUAL Indian Company, he would feel far more Comfortable/ at
home, to copy & use it. He will feel
"I cannot go wrong"
He must be helped to first take this tiny step, before graduating to O *Net.
I would not be surprised, if we find even experienced HR managers taking this "Short Cut" !
Critical part is being able to "find" (from our vast database), actual position/ vacancy Name
matching with what the user will type in STEP # 1
matching with what the user will type in STEP # 1
About 1 1/2 year back, we had prepared a TOOL, in which, I did create some SYNONYMS for designations.
It was not 100% complete but its output can be tried for this application.